Open Source PHP code and applications
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor), is a widely used, general-purpose scripting language that was originally designed for web development, to produce dynamic web pages. PHP is the widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP. All types of open source PHP code and applications are available on PHP - Open Source.
Recent articles in PHP Open Source
- PHPMailer. PHPMailer is a fully featured email transfer class for PHP. PHPMailer which is an object-oriented PHP class that easily allows you to implement advanced email formatting. Features which can be readily tapped include: SMTP authentication, use of redundant SMTP servers, attachments, HTML formatting, multipart/alternative formatting for non-HTML email and various encoding methods. Due to its ease of use and broad feature base, I incorporate the PHPMailer class into all my scripts which send email.
- Mantis Bug Tracker. Mantis Bug Tracker is both simple to use and simple to install. This open source bug tracker is written in PHP, uses MySQL, and can be installed on Linux, Windows, Mac, OS/2, and more. MantisBT is a full-featured bug-tracking system that not only keeps track of bugs, but includes a user system so that multiple users can interact and multiple projects can be tracked.
- Magento. Magento is a feature-rich eCommerce platform offering complete flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of an online store.
- SimplePie - Manage RSS and Atom feeds. If you're looking for an easy way to work with RSS or Atom feeds in PHP, SimplePie is both easy to implement - and thoroughly documented to help you build on it.
- Zend Framework. Zend Framework is based on simplicity, object-oriented best practices, corporate friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile codebase. Zend Framework is focused on building more secure, reliable, and modern Web 2.0 applications and web services.
- Gallery- management and publication of digital photographs. The Gallery Project is an open source project enabling management and publication of digital photographs and other media through a PHP-enabled web server. Photo manipulation includes automatic thumbnails, resizing, rotation, and flipping, among other things. Albums can be organized hierarchically and individually controlled by administrators or privileged users.
Recent articles in PHP Open Source
- osCommerce e-commerce and online store-management software program. osCommerce (open source Commerce) is an e-commerce and online store-management software program. It can be used on any web server that has PHP and MySQL installed. It is available as free software.
- WordPress Blog Publishing Application. WordPress is an open source blog publishing application and can be used for basic content management. WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
- phpMyAdmin - Administration of MySQL Database. phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
- phpBB Internet forum package, Bulletin Board. phpBB is a popular Internet forum package written in the PHP scripting language. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
- Joomla - content management system (CMS). Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.