Open Source - Computer Programming
Open source software (OSS) is computer software for which the source code and certain other rights normally reserved for copyright holders are provided under a software license that meets the Open Source Definition or that is in the public domain. This permits users to use, change, and improve the software, and to redistribute it in modified or unmodified forms.
Whats new in ASP.NET Open Source
- nopCommerce e-commerce solution. nopCommerce is a open source e-commerce solution that is ASP.NET 3.5 based with a MS SQL 2005 (or higher) backend database. nopCommerce is developed to take full advantage of the newest technologies available. nopCommerce has a pluggable architecture which allows additional functionality and presentation elements to be dynamically added to the application at run-time. nopCommerce is a new professional open-source e-commerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control.
- Personal Web Site. ASP.NET Open Source personal web site that includes Online Photo Gallery, Allow your friends to securely login, Technologies and Design Approaches Demonstrated - Databinding using DataList, FormView, and GridView controls, Custom handler for fetching images and many more.
Whats new in C# Open Source
- NPOI. POI is an open source project which can help you read/write xls, doc, ppt files.You can use it to generate a Excel report without Microsoft Office suite installed on your server. Also you can use it to extract text from Office documents to help implement full-text indexing feature.
- CslaGenFork. CSLA .NET framework is an application development framework that reduces the cost of building and maintaining applications. The framework enables developers to leverage the power of object-oriented design as the basis for creating powerful applications. Business objects based on CSLA automatically gain many advanced features that simplify the creation of WPF, ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms, WCF, WF and Web Services interfaces.
- jQuery File Upload. jQuery File Upload allows to select multiple files at once and upload them simultaneously. This jQuery File Upload plugin features Multiple file upload, Drag and Drop support, Upload progress bar, Cancelable uploads, Cross-site file uploads, Multiple plugin instances, Multipart and file contents stream uploads and many more
Whats new in PHP Open Source
- PHPMailer. PHPMailer is a fully featured email transfer class for PHP. PHPMailer which is an object-oriented PHP class that easily allows you to implement advanced email formatting. Features which can be readily tapped include: SMTP authentication, use of redundant SMTP servers, attachments, HTML formatting, multipart/alternative formatting for non-HTML email and various encoding methods. Due to its ease of use and broad feature base, I incorporate the PHPMailer class into all my scripts which send email.
- Mantis Bug Tracker. Mantis Bug Tracker is both simple to use and simple to install. This open source bug tracker is written in PHP, uses MySQL, and can be installed on Linux, Windows, Mac, OS/2, and more. MantisBT is a full-featured bug-tracking system that not only keeps track of bugs, but includes a user system so that multiple users can interact and multiple projects can be tracked.
- Magento. Magento is a feature-rich eCommerce platform offering complete flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of an online store.
- SimplePie - Manage RSS and Atom feeds. If you're looking for an easy way to work with RSS or Atom feeds in PHP, SimplePie is both easy to implement - and thoroughly documented to help you build on it.
- Zend Framework. Zend Framework is based on simplicity, object-oriented best practices, corporate friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile codebase. Zend Framework is focused on building more secure, reliable, and modern Web 2.0 applications and web services.
- Gallery- management and publication of digital photographs. The Gallery Project is an open source project enabling management and publication of digital photographs and other media through a PHP-enabled web server. Photo manipulation includes automatic thumbnails, resizing, rotation, and flipping, among other things. Albums can be organized hierarchically and individually controlled by administrators or privileged users.
- osCommerce e-commerce and online store-management software program. osCommerce (open source Commerce) is an e-commerce and online store-management software program. It can be used on any web server that has PHP and MySQL installed. It is available as free software.
- WordPress Blog Publishing Application. WordPress is an open source blog publishing application and can be used for basic content management. WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
- phpMyAdmin - Administration of MySQL Database. phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
- phpBB Internet forum package, Bulletin Board. phpBB is a popular Internet forum package written in the PHP scripting language. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
Whats new in Silverlight Open Source
- Silverlight SQL Server Access. Open source Silverlight 4.0 Com Library for SQL Server Access. This Silverlight library is designed to provide local SQL Server database access for Silverlight 4.o applications.
- Silverlight P2P Library. The First Floor Silverlight P2P library integrates Silverlight 2 with Live Activities, introducing the concept of Silverlight Activities. The Silverlight class library exposes the P2P Activity API.
- Silverlight Slideshow. Silverlight Slideshow is a light-weight and fully functional image slideshow built using Silverlight with many features like slide transition, image scaling, external XML file, memory management based on paging, image preloading and many more
- Bindable DataGrid with DataSources. BindableDataGrid for Silverlight is an open source Bindable DataGrid with DataSources (like DataSet and DataTable). Using these new classes (DataSet and DataTable) columns can be defined using the DataColumns prior to binding, so when the data is actually loaded their properties (read only, resizable, sortable, ...) are set automatically too.
- FJCore - JPEG codec. FJCore is a JPEG codec that works in Silverlight and supports JPEG resize in the browser. FJCore brings imaging capabilities to Silverlight.
- Silverlight File Upload. Silverlight file uploader is open source multi-file uploaders with lot of features like resize images before upload with image thumbnail, individual progress and overall progress indicator and many more.