VB/C# .Net to Python Code Converter
VB/C# .Net to Python Code Converter is a free and simple VB to IronPython and C# to IronPython code converter. This online tool allows you to convert entire class code or selected section of code snippets.
VB/C# .Net to Python Code Converter
This online code conversion tool powered by open source NRefactory library. NRefactory is a powerful C# .Net to IronPython and VB .Net to IronPython conversion engine maintained by the developers at SharpDevelop. By default, NRefactory requires that all code be properly wrapped in a class and (as necessary) method before converting. We try to save you time by automagically wrapping your code snippets in "dummy wrapper" (DummyClassDefinitionWrapper) so it can be processed by NRefactory.
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It incorporates modules, exceptions, dynamic typing, very high level dynamic data types, and classes. Python combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It has interfaces to many system calls and libraries, as well as to various window systems, and is extensible in C or C++. It is also usable as an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface. Finally, Python is portable: it runs on many Unix variants, on the Mac, and on PCs under MS-DOS, Windows, Windows NT, and OS/2.
What is IronPython?
IronPython is an open-source implementation of the Python programming language which is tightly integrated with the .NET Framework.
What is Python good for?
Python is a high-level general-purpose programming language that can be applied to many different classes of problems. The language comes with a large standard library that covers areas such as string processing (regular expressions, Unicode, calculating differences between files), Internet protocols (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, XML-RPC, POP, IMAP, CGI programming), software engineering (unit testing, logging, profiling, parsing Python code), and operating system interfaces (system calls, filesystems, TCP/IP sockets). Look at the table of contents for The Python Standard Library to get an idea of what's available. A wide variety of third-party extensions are also available. Consult the Python Package Index to find packages of interest to you.
Some CPython built-in extension modules do not exist in IronPython
- signal (.NET does not support signals)
Interpreter and Environment
- IronPython does not by default have the standard CPython libs on its path.
- IronPython does not redirect the interpreter's error output in response to setting sys.stderr.
- IronPython has different command line editing support than CPython.
- IronPython supports different command line options than CPython supports.
- IronPython's sys.builtinmodulenames tuple contains different values than CPython's result. See section Extension Modules for differences.
- IronPython has several incompatibilities relating to the interpreter and the sys module's hooks.
- IronPython allows access to dict, module, class, and init at the global level, but CPython does not.
- Python prohibits using identifiers before the occurrence of global statement if the global statement includes the identifier. In these cases, CPython reports a syntax warning while IronPython raises a SyntaxWarning exception.
Online C#/VB .Net to IronPython Converter Information:
- Purpose of this Tool : Convert C#/VB .Net Codes to IronPython.
- Intended Audience : Web Developers, Programmers, Application Developers, Software Programmers, Software Architectures