Online Compress CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) compress CSS to reduce CSS code size and make your web pages load faster. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a stylesheet language used to describe the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
To load the web pages fast and keep the bandwidth usage to minimum outlines the importance of keeping web pages as lightweight as possible. Improving the engineering design of a page or a web application usually yields the biggest savings and that should always be a primary strategy. With the right design in place, there are many secondary strategies for improving performance such as minification/compression of the code.
The goal of CSS minification/compression is always to preserve the operational qualities of the code while reducing its overall byte footprint (both in raw terms and after gzipping, as most CSS served from production web servers is gzipped as part of the HTTP protocol).
Enter URL to Download Source
Online Compress CSS Information:
- Purpose of this Tool : Compress CSS, CSS Minification, Improving CSS Load Time
- Intended Audience : Webmasters, Web Developers, Website Designers, Programmers
- CSS at the Open Directory Project
- Cascading Style Sheets, designing for the Web Chapter 20 of the book Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS home page at W3C - Includes links to the CSS specifications.
- Cascading Style Sheets
- 3 ways to compress CSS files using PHP
- YUI Compressor