Whats new in Adobe Flash Books Computer Bookshop
Adobe Flash Books
- The Essential Guide to Flash CS4 with ActionScript. For any professional designer or developer working in the world of web technologies or multimedia, Flash is the must-have application, and knowing how to use it effectively is vital. Add in ActionScript 3.0, and Flash becomes an even more powerful tool for the development of high-performance web applications.
Adobe Flash Books
- Flash CS4 Professional Digital Classroom. Flash CS4 Professional Digital Classroom is like having a personal instructor guiding readers through each lesson, while they work at their own pace. This book includes 13 self-paced lessons that let readers discover essential skills and explore new features and capabilities of Adobe Flash Professional. Every lesson is presented in full color with step-by-step instructions.
Whats new in Adobe Photoshop Books Computer Bookshop
Adobe Photoshop Books
- Photoshop CS4 Down and Dirty Tricks. UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF THE HOTTEST TRICKS, AND MOST REQUESTED PHOTOSHOP EFFECTS IN ONE AMAZING BOOK! Scott Kelby, co-host of Photoshop User TV and the world's #1 bestselling Photoshop author, is back to unlock the secrets of an amazing new collection of the latest eye-popping, jaw-dropping, Photoshop special effect the same kind that made Scott's previous editions of this book one of the top selling Photoshop books in history.
- The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers. Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important, and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS4 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that's never been done before it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it."
- Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS4. The Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in for Adobe Photoshop has changed the way photographers work with images. Shooting in the raw format gives digital photographers complete control over every aspect of image quality. Camera Raw makes the process of using raw files easier by providing a standardized way of accessing and working with these uncompressed digital negatives.
Adobe Photoshop Books
- Real World Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers. This edition of Real World Photoshop is more tightly focused for the needs and demands of the professional digital photographers. From acquiring images to using an efficient processing workflow to maintaining image quality and final output quality all within the powerful feature set of Adobe Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Extended CS4.
- The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers. This is not some reprint of an old book, but new text with tons of great, new ideas on how to polish your images. Our capture devises while good don't capture everything we see. Our images also go to many places, not just the computer monitor. Scott's book is full of techniques for cleaning up color, sharpening, presentation either by print, web gallery or a host of other ideas, organization, black and white conversion and the list just goes on and on. And all of these techniques take advantage of all the power and ease of Photoshop CS3.This is one monster of a book!
- Layers: Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature. Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Features. Working with and managing multiple layers, Building multiple layered images, Blending layers together Exactly which of the 25+ Blend Modes you need to worry about, Layer Masking and just how easy it is, Using layers to enhance and retouch your photos, All of the tips and tricks that make using layers a breeze.
Whats new in ASP .Net Books Computer Bookshop
ASP .Net Books
- ASP.NET 3.5 Unleashed. ASP.NET 3.5 Unleashed is the most comprehensive book available on the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Framework, covering all aspects of the ASP.NET 3.5 Framework--no matter how advanced.
ASP .Net Books
- Beginning ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB. This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to build rich and interactive web sites that run on the Microsoft platform. With the knowledge you gain from this book, you create a great foundation to build any type of web site, ranging from simple hobby-related web sites to sites you may be creating for commercial purposes. Do you have a strong preference for Visual Basic over C# or the other way around? Or do you think both languages are equally cool? Or maybe you haven't made up your mind yet and want to learn both languages? Either way, you'll like this book because all code examples are presented in both languages!
Whats new in C# Books Computer Bookshop
- C# in Depth: What you need to master C# 2 and 3. C# in Depth is both a vehicle for learning C# 2 and 3 and a reference work. Although the coverage is in-depth, the text is always accessible: You'll explore pitfalls that can trip you up, but you'll skip over gnarly details best left to the language specification. The overall effect is that readers become not just proficient in C# 2 and 3, but comfortable that they truly understand the language.
- Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform, Fourth Edition. If you're checking out this book for the first time, understand that it targets experienced software professionals and/or students of computer science (so please don't expect three chapters devoted to "for" loops). The mission of this text is to provide you with a rock-solid foundation to the C# 2008 programming language and the core aspects of the .NET platform (OOP, assemblies, file IO, Windows Forms/WPF, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF,WF, etc.). Once you digest the information presented in these 33 chapters, you'll be in a perfect position to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments, and you'll be well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own terms.
Whats new in C++ Books Computer Bookshop
- Starting Out with C++: Early Objects Value Package. Early Objects is intended for either a one semester traditional introductory programming course or a two-semester C++ programming sequence, with introductory material placed in the first half of the text and more advanced topics, such as recursion and data structures, placed in the second half.
- C By Discovery. This book provides an introduction to the C programming language. It is widely known for its accurate and precise descriptions, its careful annotation of code, and its comprehensive coverage of topics.
- The C++ Programming Language: Special Edition. This book is an essential addition to a C++ programmer's library. It is not for dummies, and it wouldn't be my first choice for an entry-level, self-help tutorial on C++ for beginning programmers. It is, however, an excellent textbook for programmers who are self-motivated and students who study under the watchful care of a skilled instructor.
- C++ Primer Plus. C++ Primer Plus, Fifth Edition makes learning and using important object-oriented programming concepts understandable. Choose this classic to learn the fundamentals and more of C++ programming.
- C++/CLI in Action. C++/CLI in Action will help you if: You're hesitant to migrate to .NET because it means rewriting code in C# or VB. You have significant C++ expertise that you want to leverage in the .NET. You only need to use pieces of the .NET framework, such as Windows Forms or web services.
- Expert Visual C++/CLI: .NET for Visual C++ Programmers. Expert Visual C++/CLI is written by visual C++ MVP Marcus Heege, who examines the core of the C++/CLI language. He explains both how the language elements work and how Microsoft intends them to be used.
Whats new in Java Books Computer Bookshop
- TCP/IP Sockets in Java, Second Edition: Practical Guide for Programmers. A concise, no-fluff guide to low-level network programming in Java. Packed with example code, this book will be indispensable to anyone who wants to understand the finer points of using sockets in Java. Ken and Jeff are not only experts, but also are able to explain practical details clearly.
- Core Java(TM), Volume I--Fundamentals. This revised edition of the classic Core Java, Volume Iâ€“Fundamentals, is the definitive guide to Java for serious programmers who want to put Java to work on real projects.
- Head First Java, 2nd Edition. The Java programming language for people with no Java experience, and even people with no programming experience at all. Key concepts read like a list of Java features: Object oriented design, variable type and scope, object properties and methods, inheritance and polymorphism, exceptions, graphical user interfaces (GUIs), network connectivity, Java archives (JAR files), and Remote Method Invocation (RMI).
- Foundations of Ajax. Foundations of Ajax presents a concise, down-to-earth explanation of the Ajax technology. Cutting through the hyperbole, this book focuses on what the Ajax technology means, how you start using it, and why it can make a difference to your products.
Whats new in Networking Books Computer Bookshop
- Windows Command-Line Administrator's Pocket Consultant. Now updated for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista, this practical, pocket-sized reference delivers ready answers for using Windows command-line tools to manage multiple clients and servers. It s packed with hundreds of examples that show you how to run, use, schedule, and script Windows commands, support tools, and Resource Kit tools without touching the GUI. Written by a well-known author of more than two dozen computer books and featuring easy-to-read tables, lists, and step-by step instructions this POCKET CONSULTANT delivers fast, accurate information on the spot.
- CCNA Cisco Certified Coverage of Official Objectives for Exam 640-801. Covers all CCNA exam topics, including: Network Topologies, OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP Protocol Stack, Switch and Router Configuration, Router Hardware Components, Bridges and Switches, VLAN Connections, Dynamic Routing Protocols, Distance Vector Protocols, OSPF and EIGRP, IP Access-Lists, DHCP, WAN
- Computer Networks (4th Edition). This is the long-awaited 3rd Edition of Tanenbaum's classic book on computer networking. The finest network engineer I know (who was stolen from my previous employer by developers of IPv6) swears by this book, and it is arguably the best single resource for gaining a good technical understanding of modern networking in the mid 1990s.
- Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach. Certain data-communication protocols hog the spotlight, but all of them have a lot in common. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet explains the engineering problems that are inherent in communicating digital information from point to point. The top-down approach mentioned in the subtitle means that the book starts at the top of the protocol stack--at the application layer--and works its way down through the other layers, until it reaches bare wire.
- CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802). CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, Third Edition, is the newest edition of the all-time best-selling CCNA self-study preparation package. This comprehensive review and practice package is designed for the latest CCNA 640-802 exams. The two books contained in this package, CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition, and CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide, Second Edition, present complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience. The books are updated to cover all the new 640-802 exam objectives, such as security, wireless, IPv6, and troubleshooting.
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802. Cisco networking authority Todd Lammle has completely updated this new edition to cover all of the exam objectives for the latest version of the CCNA exam. Toddâ€™s straightforward style provides lively examples, easy-to-understand analogies, and real-world scenarios that will not only help you prepare for the exam, but also give you a solid foundation as a Cisco networking professional. Packed with updated topics that have been added to the 2007 version of the CCNA exam, this updated study guide features expanded coverage of key topic areas plus new material on switching, network address translation, and OSPF. Inside, find the complete instruction you need.
Whats new in Oracle Books Computer Bookshop
- Oracle Database 10g Performance Tuning Tips and Techniques. Offers hundreds of hints, tips, and tricks of the trade that can be useful to any DBA wanting to achieve maximum performance of Oracle applications.
- Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming. Deliver dynamic, client/server PL/SQL applications with expert guidance from an Oracle programming professional. With full coverage of the latest features and tools, Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming lays out each topic alongside detailed explanations. You will also learn how to implement C, C++, and Java procedures, Web-enable your database, cut development time, and optimize performance.
- Oracle Database 10g: The Complete Reference. Get a thorough understanding of Oracle Database 10g from the most comprehensive Oracle database reference on the market, published by Oracle Press. From critical architecture concepts to advanced object-oriented concepts, this powerhouse contains nearly 50 chapters designed to enlighten you. Upgrade from earlier versions, use SQL, SQL Plus, and PL/SQL. Get code examples and access popular documentation PDFs--plus a full electronic copy of the book on the included CD-ROM. Go beyond the basics and learn security, text searches, external tables, using Java in Oracle, and a great deal more.
Whats new in PHP Books Computer Bookshop
- PHP 5: Your visual blueprint for creating content. Now revised to cover features found in PHP4 and PHP5, this new edition shows Web developers step by step how to create dynamic, data-driven Web applications. Two-color screen shots accompanied by concise callouts demonstrate how to tackle more than 100 key PHP tasks, including using cookies to monitor the activity of Web site visitors, retrieving information from MySQL or other databases, creating images and Web pages on the fly, and processing XML documents. Shows how to use PHP with Apache Web server, process data forms, access data files, troubleshoot PHP scripts, and migrate scripts to PHP5. A companion Web site features a fully searchable e-version of the book, plus all code that appears in the text-ready to plug into users' Web pages
- PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for Dynamic Web Sites. It hasn't taken Web developers long to discover that when it comes to creating dynamic, database-driven Web sites, MySQL and PHP provide a winning open source combination. Add this book to the mix, and there's no limit to the powerful, interactive Web sites that developers can create. With step-by-step instructions, complete scripts, and expert tips to guide readers, veteran author and database designer Larry Ullman gets right down to business.
- PHP and MySQL Web Development. Authors Luke Welling and Laura Thomson's technique aims to get readers going on their own projects as soon as possible. They present easily digestible sections on specific technical processes--"Accessing array contents" and "Using encryption with PHP" are two examples. Each section centers on a sample program that strips the task at hand down to its essentials, enabling the reader to fit the process into his or her own solutions as required. Tables that list options and other nuggets of reference material appear as well, but the many examples and the authors' commentary on them take center stage.
Whats new in SAP Books Computer Bookshop
- Configuring SAP R/3 FI/CO. SAP's FI/CO (Financial and Controlling) is the company's most popular package. This in-depth guide for implementers, consultants, and IS managers covers how to identify the business needs of the planned installation and then how to go about customizing the system accordingly. The book covers many topics not addressed in other books, including dealing with foreign currencies, and is up-to-date for version 4.X. The authors are full-time SAP consultants at a major insurance company.
- Sams Teach Yourself SAP in 24 Hours. In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you'll master the entire SAP project lifecycle, from planning through implementation and system administration through day-to-day operations. Using this bookâ€™s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you'll gain a strong real-world foundation in both the technology and business essentials of todayâ€™s SAP products and applications
Whats new in Software Engineering Books Computer Bookshop
Software Engineering Books
- MCPD Self-Paced Training Kit Microsoft .NET Framework. Get in-depth training and practice with the skills measured by the core exams for Microsoft Certified Professional Developer: Web Developer certification--all in one box! Covering Exams 70-536, 70-528, and 70-547, these three training kits include exam prep and practice tests to help you maximize your performance. You get official Microsoft study guides, plus practice tests on CD to help you assess your skills. They come packed with the tools and features that exam candidates want most--including in-depth, self-paced training based on final exam content; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and customizable testing options. They also provide labs and exercises for skills and expertise you can apply to the job.
- MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit Windows Server 2008 Enterprise. Your all-in-one kit for the skills measured by the core exams for Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator certification and on the job. Covering Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and 70-647, these four official Microsoft study guides provide in-depth exam prep plus practice tests to help maximize your performance. This kit comes packed with the tools and features that exam candidates want most including self-paced training based on final exam content; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and customizable testing options. It also provides labs and exercises for skills and expertise you can apply to the job.
- MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Excellent value: four official study guides - covering the core requirements for MCSE certification on Windows Server 2003 all in one box - Fully reengineered study guides written by exam-certified authors. 300 practice questions per exam on CD, with a test engine that enables customized testing, pre-assessment and post-assessment, and automated scoring and feedback.
- TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols. Finally, programmers that need to truly understand the TCP/IP protocol suite have a resource to turn to, TCP/IP Illustrated. Instead of merely describing the RFC's, bestselling author Rich Stevens takes an innovative "visual" approach which, combined with his writing style, results in an accessible "understandable" guide to TCP/IP.
- Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, Second Edition. The second edition of Han and Kamber Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques updates and improves the already comprehensive coverage of the first edition and adds coverage of new and important topics, such as mining stream data, mining social networks, and mining spatial, multi-media and other complex data. This book will be an excellent textbook for courses on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
Software Engineering Books
- Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top-Down Approach Using OpenGL. Computer animation and graphics--once rare, complicated, and comparatively expensive--are now prevalent in everyday life from the computer screen to the movie screen. Interactive Computer Graphics is the only introduction to computer graphics text for undergraduates that fully integrates OpenGL(R) and emphasizes application-based programming. Using C and C++, the top-down, programming-oriented approach allows for coverage of engaging 3D material early in the course so students immediately begin to create their own 3D graphics. Low-level algorithms (for topics such as line drawing and filling polygons) are presented after students learn to create graphics. This book is suitable for undergraduate students in computer science and engineering, for students in other disciplines who have good programming skills, and for professionals.
- Operating System Concepts. Open-source operating systems, virtual machines, and clustered computing are among the leading fields of operating systems and networking that are rapidly changing. With substantial revisions and organizational changes, Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagneâ€™s Operating System Concepts, Eighth Edition remains as current and relevant as ever, helping you master the fundamental concepts of operating systems while preparing yourself for todayâ€™s emerging developments.
- Introduction to the Theory of Computation, Second Edition. Intended as an upper-level undergraduate or introductory graduate text in computer science theory, this book lucidly covers the key concepts and theorems of the theory of computation. The presentation is remarkably clear; for example, the "proof idea," which offers the reader an intuitive feel for how the proof was constructed, accompanies many of the theorems and a proof. Introduction to the Theory of Computation covers the usual topics for this type of text plus it features a solid section on complexity theory--including an entire chapter on space complexity. The final chapter introduces more advanced topics, such as the discussion of complexity classes associated with probabilistic algorithms.
- Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation. This book is a rigorous exposition of formal languages and models of computation, with an introduction to computational complexity. The authors present the theory in a concise and straightforward manner, with an eye out for the practical applications. Exercises at the end of each chapter, including some that have been solved, help readers confirm and enhance their understanding of the material. This book is appropriate for upper-level computer science undergraduates who are comfortable with mathematical arguments.
- Introduction to Languages and the Theory of Computation. Even those with little mathematical background will be able to understand this user-friendly book, which focuses on formal languages and models of computation. (The author devotes an entire chapter to induction and recursive definitions.) Introduction to Languages and the Theory of Computation weaves numerous examples and highly readable discussions of the key ideas--and how they fit into the larger picture--in between rigorous proofs of the theorems.
Whats new in SQL Books Computer Bookshop
- SQL in a Nutshell. Structured Query Language (SQL), as implemented in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, as well as in ANSI standard SQL (SQL92 and SQL99). After an introduction to data types and relational database fundamentals (the latter is not emphasized), the authors document SQL statements and functions, one by one and alphabetically. They take care to point out differences among the four implementations.
- Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes. Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes has established itself as the gold standard for introductory SQL books, offering a fast-paced accessible tutorial to the major themes and techniques involved in applying the SQL language.
Whats new in SQL Server Books Computer Bookshop
SQL Server Books
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Step by Step. Work at your own pace through the book s practical, skill-building lessons and the hands-on practice files on CD. You ll begin by learning to install and configure SQL Server 2008, design a model database, and work with tables and indexes. Next, you ll learn techniques to manipulate, maintain, and retrieve data....
SQL Server Books
- Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2005: T-SQL Querying. Delivers practical, hands-on guidance on sophisticated uses of T-SQL, including the differences between logical and physical processing, nesting of queries, and much more -Provides deep background information that helps developers optimize queries, aggregate data, and develop hierarchies and recursive queries -Helps promote mastery of T-SQL -Features numerous code and table examples, practical advice, logic puzzles, and best practices
Whats new in Visual Basic Books Computer Bookshop
Visual Basic Books
- Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2008 in 24 Hours. Use the powerful design environment of Visual Studio 2008, Design feature-rich interfaces using components such as tree views and tabs, Create robust applications using modern error-handling, Draw fast graphics using GDI+, Build a database application using ADO.NET, Distribute a Visual Basic 2008 Application, Manipulate the Windows Registry, Create, read, and write text files, Use event-driven techniques to build responsive applications
Visual Basic Books
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Step by Step. Covers the latest enhancements and features of Visual Basic 2008, Provides step-by-step guidance on how to use Visual Basic 2008 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 to create smart-client and Web applications, Features easy-to-follow, logically planned lessons in the popular STEP BY STEP format ideal for anyone with fundamental programming skills, Includes a companion CD with data sets and code samples
Whats new in Windows Books Computer Bookshop
- Windows 7 For Dummies Book + DVD bundle. A terrific value-a full-size book plus video demonstrations of key Windows 7 tasks. Windows 7 is Microsoft's much-anticipated new release of the operating system that powers nearly 90% of the world's computers. This two-for-one package provides the step-by-step guidance that will get you up and running with all the exciting new features.
- Windows 7 Secrets. You already know the ups and downs of Windows Vista-now it's time to learn the ins and outs of Windows 7! Internationally recognized Windows experts, Microsoft insiders, and authors Paul Thurrott and Rafael Rivera cut through the hype to pull away the curtain and reveal useful information not found anywhere else. Regardless of your level of knowledge, you'll discover little-known facts on how things work, what's new and different, and how you can modify Windows 7 to meet your own specific needs.
- Windows 7 Administrator's Pocket Consultant. Here's the ideal, on-the-go reference that desktop administrators and support professionals can carry with them as they support and manage Windows 7. Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers immediate answers for the day-to-day administration of Windows 7
- Windows 7 Inside Out. You re beyond the basics, so dive right in and really put your PC to work! This supremely organized reference is packed with hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It s all muscle and no fluff.